Aim : The zygomatic implants represent a valid alternative to regenerative surgery of severe maxillary atrophies.
With a right clinical indication and a correct training for the operator it is possible to treat complex cases with immediate loading to reduce the patient's discomfort. Actually the implant site preparation is still performed with long burs, difficult to control.
In addition, the classic intrasinual technique involves the maxillary sinus, increasing the morbidity, the operating times, and other complications difficult to resolve.
The Minimally Invasive Technique developed by me with ESACROM, Imola Italy, using piezoelectric dedicated inserts, helps the surgeon to realize an easy surgery, less demolishing, more predictable because the osteotomy preparation is always outside the sinus, totally with use of piezoelectric strumentation.
- Graduated in " Dentistry and Prosthodontic " at the University of Florence, Italy.
- Specialized in " Oral Surgery " at the Oral and Maxillofacial Department of the Traumatologic Orthopaedic Center Hospital of Florence.
- Post-graduate at the Oral and Maxillofacial Department of the Guy‘s and St. Thomas Hospital, London, UK.
- Member of General Dental Council of London Member of the European Association for Osseointegration.
- Fellow Membership, Royal Society of Medicine, London, UK
- Honorary Member of Oral Surgery Academy, London UK