Dr. JAIDEEP MAHENDRA, MDS, PhD, POST DOC(USA), PGDHM, FIABMS, FISDR is working as a Professor and PhD guide in the Department of Periodontology and is presently the Director of Post graduate studies, Meenakshi Ammal Dental College, Chennai.
- She did her masters and PhD from Annamalai University, Post Doc from Michigan State University (USA).
- She is a fellow of Indian Association of Biomedical Scientists (FIABMS) and Indian Society of Dental Research (FISDR).
- She has many awards to her credit and among them the most outstanding awards are the best ‘RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP AWARD’ in the field of Periodontology from the then Hon’ble Union Health Minister, The ‘YOUNG ACHIEVER’S AWARD’ at (ICDRO) World Dental Conference, for PhD research in the field of Periodontal medicine, “ TAMIL NADU YOUNG WOMEN SCIENTISTS AWARD” for her contribution in the field of Dental Research, the “BEST TEACHER AWARD” for Dental Education on the occasion of the Dentist Day organized by Dr. M.G.R. Medical University of Govt. of Tamil Nadu, the “BEST SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATION AWARD” at International Association for Dental Research.
- She has been appointed as a PhD guide for MAHER University and Dr MGR University Chennai and is a reviewer for many National and International Journals such as Journal of Indian Society of Periodontology , Journal of Biomedicine and International Journal of Medicine & Medical Sciences, Journal Of American academy of Periodontology, Journal of International Clinical Dental Research Organization, Indian Journal Of Dental Research, PLOS and Journal of clinical and diagnostic Research.
- Apart from this she has a number of national and international publications to her credit and is the author of the Book entitled “Periodontal pathogens in sub-gingival and atherosclerotic plaque”.
- A dedicated mentor and guide and at present have 12 PhD scholars under her able guidance. Her current research activities are based on YOGA PRACTICES ON DENTAL HEALTH, PERIODONTAL MEDICINE and STEM CELLS.